Thursday, July 18, 2013

you inspire me.

just something i posted on fb about you. 

love you!

 Im 17 months pp my second child, my beautiful girl. Im grateful for her, because of her i started truly looking at my body in a different light. While i do currently push towards a more fit body, i no longer look at the scale, no longer have a goal weight, and no longer allow myself to put myself down. how disparaging it is to say negative things, which does nothing to hurt the body in which they are aimed at, only the mind inside. I truly do embrace the parts of my body that wont change no matter how fit i get, the new breasts that nourished both her and my older son and their younger sibling when we expand our family, and these stretch marks that cover the midsection, little marks to remind myself of the incredible bond we got to share, 40 weeks prior to anyone else. i LOVE this body. Im working on making it stronger, but no longer do i focus on how much it weighs only what it can do. because ive seen it do some downright AMAZING things, and I am excited to see more. I want my girl to look at me in awe and wonder and see someone strong and dedicated to myself as well as her and her brother and father. that starts in me and has nothing to do with my body so much as it does my heart, my words, and my effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment