Saturday, April 20, 2013

for you.

a couple years ago i got the dandelion, the wishy, on my shoulder and have taken AMAZING pride in the fact that my julian, and soon also my maya, blows wishes on my shoulder as if he is casting his hopes and dreams upon my shoulders. just as it should be.

but this, this is even more special. 

today I added something to it. 
today i added these names. these two beautiful names that I have fallen in love with. 
names that daddy and i mulled over for months, picking out the right ones for our babies. 
names that i say every day, and not once will i ever take their response for granted. 
i placed these names on my left side, in front of my heart that beats for you, right under the shoulder that is always there for you, and above the breast that nourished your bodies. (admittedly for much less time than i have hoped, but every drop of love fell for you my loves ans as maya and i stop our nursing journey, this new artwork on my body brings me comfort and solace in the hormonal aftermath that is coming with it!)


these names, which when i look in the mirror i see backwards, the font resembling heart strokes on a heart monitor, these names touch me in so many ways. 
i love them, the sound of them to my ears, the feeling of them on my lips. 
im smitted with your names,my Julian, my Maya Narae. 
today, daddy also got a tattoo. He got one also for you, his heart so full for his littles. Julian, our SonShine. Maya Narae, our Moon (in case you forget, Narae is a name rooted as Moon in Turkish i believe andshe has been Moon since she was in my belly.)
so he got what appears to be a striped crescent moon...but if you look closely, the inner circle and the stripes that come off of it are the rays of the sun. so his tattoo, it the sun and moon together, along his left arm, along the veins that go up to the heart :)

 we LOVE you. with overwhelming love. 
i am glad you will always have these reminders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment