Saturday, April 20, 2013

small things with Great love.

I dont have it in me to talk about these things, even through a blog to future you. But this have been happening around the world lately, in te recent 6 months, that leave me speechless, in a bad way. the problem i that there are so many people out there that arent doing good things, and so many that do horrible things. but we mustnt ever cease in doing good.
so after the last major event that shook our country, i felt helpless. 
so i did what i could with that i had, and Nonny and I went to the redcross and gave blood. 
Mumma is O+, a blood type that allows me to give blood to many different kinds of people, not just those who have O+ blood. I dont go in as often as i should, but i will do my best from here on out! 
The procedure I did was called Double Reds, which the red cells are taken fro  my body and the rest of the blood returned to me. by doing this, it allows them to take twice as much (mummy has already almost donated a gallon of blood in the recent years...again ill be doing more from now on, its free, i have some to spare, and its needed!). the major benefits of doing double reds is that for accident victims and preemie babies sometimes whole blood isnt needed, only the red cells, and im able to give twice the normal donation (2 pints). 
Nonny gave whole blood for the first time, and we just laughed and lasughed and had fun with our phlebotomist (the blood taker) named Angela. I felt a kinship with the others there, all of us there to help others. no one there for selfless reasons. the volunteers, the phlebotomists, the donors...everyone was there to save lives. its phenomenal and I felt a very strong connection. 
i hope we can do this as a family when youre older and you see the value in doing what you can with whatever youve got :)

Uncle Clifton also sent this to me, and it made me think:
 theres your food for thought :) loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment